Pages

Sunday 7 March 2010

A Couple Of Birthday Cards & Allsorts Challenge


Here's a couple of birthday cards I've just made.

The first one I'm entering into the Allsorts Challenge where the theme this week is 'Just For Men.'

The guitar I made using a template from Anna Marie Designs. For the main body of the guitar I used wood grain effect paper from Polkadoodles Not For Girls CD, with a bit of doodling around the sound hole. The strings are hemp, and I used silver gel pen for the frets and markers on the neck.


I found the music score on the internet and printed it onto vellum, tore round the edges and attached it with brads to brick patterned paper, also from the Not For Girls CD. The musical notes square is also from the same CD.

A few brads to hold the strings in place and finally I added a real plectrum to finish it off.

















My second card was quick and easy, using the Jayne Netley Mayhew Collection Part 2 CD from Joanna Sheen.


7 comments:

  1. wow hun this is brilliant gosh that guitar you have made it perfectly stunning design adore the dog too brilliant hugs cheryl xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Rose - that guitar is absolutely fabulous - love it to bits!Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both card s are great Rose, but that guitar is just amazing, really fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rose

    Two beautiful cards.

    The guitar one would be well received by the guitar playing men in my household.

    Great project.

    Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rose

    Two fabulous cards love the music paper on the first one and the dog image just reminds me of my mums old dog so sweet...x

    Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I thought Scampy posed for it.
    Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. The guitar card is fab. It looks a real miniture guitar. Makes me think of mine sitting in the basement.

    ReplyDelete