Pages

Thursday 20 August 2009

C.R.A.F.T Challenge 13

This week the challenge at C.R.A.F.T is to make a project using this inspiration picture:



And this is what I made of the picture, an ATC. The cross stitch crab is part of a seaside sampler from a book called Holiday Memories in Cross Stitch by Chris Timms.



I stitched the crab onto linen, and back stitched around it adding sead beads and shell star beads. I stitched the linen onto backing paper, a freebie from Tinker & Co, and added stitching around the edge.


This is what you could win, a Joanna Sheen book thanks to Anesha from the Design Team. Go and take a look and see what lovely projects the rest of the team have come up with!


9 comments:

  1. Super piece of cross stitching. Great idea to use it on an ATC. Anesha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow... this is so unique!!! You've got a very creative mind! :)

    Lovely work!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Atc - as Saskia said - just so creative - great project! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little crab!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is quite lovely!
    Remids me of sewing lessons as a child but this is far prettier than anything I produced!
    Lovely work.
    Hugs, Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this project! Great idea.
    Magda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh hun this is just brilliant thanks for you kind words hun you left of my blog hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Fantastic Rose.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cross stitching Rose, and I love the little crab, if you pop over to my blog there is a little something there for you :o) Love Anne xx

    ReplyDelete